Jobs & Careers
2018 Summer Internship Program
We are looking for motivated individuals with experience in event planning, marketing, digital media, and photography/videography
Whose Your Landlord is a growing company and a lot of our success
comes from grassroots campaigning at colleges and community
organizations. We want professional, charismatic, interns with a go-getter attitude to join our team!
What is requried to be a WYL Intern?
- You should be energetic, willing to learn, and be a team player.
- You must be reliable, punctual, and trustworthy.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable with verbal communication in a public setting
How do I apply?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens once I apply?
Once we receive your inquiry, a member of the local team in your city will generally reach out within 1
to 2 business days.
- Intern will learn how to effectively reach out to local media outlets and local business owners from the Director of Communications
- Intern will learn how to create a grassroots marketing campaign by shadowing a WYL Executive
- Intern will learn how to create and implement strategies that will help the business increase visibility and profitability by attending team meetings
- Intern will learn from an assigned mentor how to leverage his/her own professional or personal skills tobecome a brand/entrepreneur
- Each intern will meet with their assigned mentor once a week to teach them how to become entrepreneurs with the skills they already possess.
- Each weekly mentor session will also focus on professional development, problem solving, and proper email etiquette.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Planning promotional events, developing fresh new ideas, and reaching out to local media.
- Tabling at college events, writing articles to be posted on our blog, speaking at events, researching
- Assisting the team leader with event schedules, itineraries, logistics, and cost analysis.
- Undertake projects that enable him/her to gain further experience in entrepreneurship
OTHER MAJORS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY AND ROLES WILL BE ESTABLISHED AS NEEDED
How long is the internship?
3 months (June, July, August) - 12/hours week
- Our internship program will require a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- On a weekly basis there will be at a minimum: a meeting at the beginning of the week and an end of week in-person or video conference to go over the progress that has been made during the week.
Main points of contact
Director of Communication